5 of 9
Fast, Faster, Fastest RC Gift Ideas
Traxxas Bandit VXL Brushless
Image provided by Red Rocket Hobby Shop
More power. More speed. Some guys are into model-building. Others like flying high. But speed rules. Blazing fast is never fast enough. The latest speed record for an RC car was set in October 2008 when Nic Case broke his own 134.4 mph speed record with a blistering 161.76 mph running a modified Schumacher Mi3. To get that kind of speed usually takes a lot of modifications. But if you're looking for top speeds out of the box
, a Traxxas Bandit VXL Brushless
is a 1:10 scale ready-to-run electric buggy with top speeds in excess of 70 mph. Some features that help rev it up faster than previous Bandit's include the Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor, Velineon VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control, Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch, steel transmission gears. And, if you aren't ready for 70, it allows you to work your way up to more power by upgrading the battery pack.
Find your best deal on the Traxxas Bandit VXL Brushless RTR:
- Buy Direct from Red Rocket Hobby Shop
- from Additional Vendors
You Might Also Need:
- Traxxas Battery Expansion Kit (Compare Prices) that allows you to install the larger format battery packs for the top speeds.
- Traxxas Cooling Fan for Velineon ESC (Compare Prices) to reduce ESC temperatures when you're playing hard and fast.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- CED Racing CT-5 Dual Speed, Porsche 911 GT3, Subaru Impreza, or Ford GT calls itself the "World's Fastest Nitro RTR Sedan" at 73.4 mph
- Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec 3.3 is a popular RTR Sedan billed at having 70+ mph top speeds. Some owners have gotten 80+ mph by simply upgrading the slipper clutch and pinion gear.
- Schumacher Fusion 28 (Manufacturer's Site) is a 4WD on-road nitro touring sedan with a listed top speed of 80 mph. Get it as a kit or Ready-to-Run. That higher speed comes with a higher price tag than the CEN and Traxxas speed demons.