Based in Hong Kong, New Bright has been around since 1955 and produces radio control and remote control vehicles, train sets, and electric toys and accessories. Ranging in size from a big 1:5 scale to a hand-size 1:43 scale, in addition to cars, trucks, and jeeps there are several boats and motorcycles. New Bright Toys include officially licensed Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Hummer, Land Rover, Jeep, Ferrari, and Chevrolet products.
1:5, 1:6, 1:8 Scale Cars and Trucks (Big RCs):
1:5 scale Mega Max and 1:8 scale Mighty Max Buggy are recommended for ages 8 and up. They have a 9.6 volt battery pack and 2 AA batteries. These are full function RCs with forward/reverse, left/right steering, adjustable spring suspension, and a cool looking paint job that makes the New Bright Mega Max and Mighty Max Buggy a great RC to have for the average price of $60 - $100. They also have a removable body for easy cleaning. A 4-band selector switch makes racing multiple Max Buggies with friends a more ejoyable RC experience. It's big, but this is not a hobby-grade RC so don't expect top speeds. It is a child's toy including older children who have no hobby RC experience.
1:10 Scale Cars and Trucks:
1:14, 1:15, 1:16, 1:20, 1:24, 1:36, 1:43 Scale Cars and TrucksThere are fewer models in smaller scales but you can find the popular F-150, Hummer H3, and Jeep Wrangler in most of these sizes. A GM 100th Anniversary Assortment in 1:16 scale offered the Cadillac Escalade, Hummer H3, Pontiac Solstice and Cadillac XLR-V. The current 1:16 scale offering is the S-1 series featuring Audi, Corvette, Ferrari, and Mustang models. Some of the S-1 series are also in 1:10 scale. New Bright is also in the micro RC business with the 1:36 scale micro XTRM and the 1:43 scale Hi Riders.
New Bright RC Trucks:
- The Mud Slinger series RCs are painted up to look like they have been doing some serious mud slinging, off-road racing. The Mud Slinger series come in different scales (1:10, 1:14, 1:15) and body types such as the Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-150, Landrover LR2, and both the full sized Hummer and the H3 Hummer. All are fully functional radio controlled RCs.
- The Hi Riders are 1:43 scale trucks with brightly colored rims. They are aimed at 6-8 year olds. Included are the Nitro (blue rims), Hummer (green), Dodge Ram (red), and Ford F-150 (yellow).
- The Ford, Dodge, and Chevy Monster Trucks come in 1:14 and 1:24 scale and feature a variety of colors and styles including the F-150, the Raminator, and the Silverado.
See the New Bright RC Trucks gallery for Mud Slingers, Pro Dirt, Monster Trucks and more.
New Bright RC Cars:
- Pro Dirt series RCs are great for either on-road or off-road racing. You have a choice of either Pro Dirt Rally Sport, Pro Dirt Hummer H3T, a Pro Dirt Buggy, or older Pro Dirt Rally cars. Scales vary from 1:8, 1:10, 1:16 and specific models change from year to year. Although touted as on-road/off-road, some of the cars in the series may not handle dirt and grass as well as the buggies and trucks.
- The S-1 or Sport One series of cars are 1:10 and 1:16 scale. Different models and colors are added each year but current ones include the Audi, Corvette, Ferrari, and Mustang.
See the New Bright RC Cars gallery for Pro Dirt, S-1, buggies, and more.
Other New Bright RC Toys:
- The New Bright 1:14 Scale Radio Control Tread Zone comes with a camouflage paint job in red or khaki. The Tread Zone RC truck has a set of tank treads for the front steering. Looks cool in an odd sort of way. A 9.6V NIMH battery pack and charger are included.
New Bright 1: 14 Scale Radio Control Full Function Tread Zone
- The Ecomobile Solar Car doesn't need batteries. It runs on the sun. Sit it outside or near a sunny window and charge up the car and controller using the solar panel "sun roof" on top.
- New Bright has a 3-piece construction set that includes a Dozer, Dumper Quarry Truck with a transport trailer that has ramps. 2 "AA" batteries are needed, one for each vehicle. Can be purchased online or if you look around in the toys section of your local retail or toy stores you might find them for about $20.00.
New Bright Construction Toys
- New Bright also produces a small variety of RC and wired remote control toys for very young children that include Preschool Tool Trucks such as the Buzz Saw, Chain Saw, and Impact Drill.
- New Bright RC boats you'll find on shelves include the Donzi and the Sea Ray Sundancer.
New Bright Industrial Co., Ltd.:
Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
New Bright Customer Service, P.O.Box 1012, Wixom, MI 48393
Where to Buy New Bright RC Toys:
What to Do About a Broken New Bright RC Toy:
- Troubleshoot an RC That Won't Run
Some items apply only to hobby-grade but other items are applicable to toys as well.
- Repair a Broken RC Toy
Some fixes are easy. Others require more time, expense, or expertise so consider whether it's really worth fixing.
- Fix RC Radio Problems
Sometimes the problem isn't with the RC car or truck. The problem may be the transmitter.